Community Service Chair
Past President, Rotary Club of Ojai, 2010-11Awarded “Best Large Club” in District 5240District 5240 Positions:Assistant District Governor, Group 7, 2012-13Chief of Staff, 2013-14Vocational Service Director, 2013-14Global Community Service Director, 2014-15Community Service Director, 2015-16, 2016-17
The role of the district community service is to stimulate, coordinate, and promote club community service projects within the district.
Community Service is one of the Five Avenues of Service which encourages Rotarians to offer service to their communities. Community Service is the opportunity Rotary clubs have to implement club projects and activities that improve life in our local communities. When clubs complete effective service projects, they improve the community, bring people together, and reflect well on Rotary. When Rotary is viewed as a positive force in the community, its membership strengthens and grows, adding to the organization's ability to serve worldwide.
Rotarians are improving lives in communities around the world every day through thousands of service projects. Every Rotary club and every Rotarian assumes a responsibility to find ways to improve the quality of life for those in their communities and to serve the public interest.
COMMUNITY SERVICE IS...
1) Encouraging and fostering the ideal of service to the personal, business and community life of every Rotarian.
2) Opportunities for every Rotarian to exemplify "Service Above Self ".
3) A chance to respond to the needs of our local communities.
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS
1) Are relevant for our communities.
2) Serve as a learning experience for Rotarians.
3) Identify a Rotary club's role in its community.
4) Determine how Rotarians can help with the resources at hand.
Share your project with the Rotary community and your Facebook friends.